Venison with a chocolate red wine sauce
A simple and delicious recipe that is perfect to impress your guests at your next dinner party. By de-glazing your pan, after frying, you create a rich wine jus. The addition of dark chocolate to this reduction, gives the sauce a deliciously rich, sweet and savoury dimension.
4 x 200g venison
Canola oil for frying
200ml red wine (we recommend Provenance Shiraz)
300ml beef stock
Salt & Pepper
50g Dark Chocolate 80%
- Preheat your oven to 180 ˚C
- Season the medallions with salt & pepper and sear on high heat in a dash of Canola oil for 1 minute on each side. Add some butter on each piece and bake in the oven for 5 minutes. Once done, remove the meat from the pan and let the meat rest.
- Place the venison pan over medium heat and add the wine. Continuously scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen the burnt-on pieces.
- Once the liquid has reduced to about half, add the beef stock and simmer until the liquid reduced to half again.
- Whisk in the butter and dark chocolate and season with salt & pepper to taste. Serve immediately and enjoy!