Saronsberg announced as Top Red Wine Producer of the Year
On Saturday 18 June, Saronsberg proudly accepted the title of Top Red Wine Producer of the Year at the 2016 South African Wine Index (SAWi) ‘Wine Excellence Awards’. Adding to this prestigious title, Saronsberg was also awarded Top Category Rhone Blend for their Saronsberg Full Circle.
SAWi was established in 2009 with the aim of independently identifying South Africa’s best wines. It is now easy to distinguish top performing producers including their wines which are consistently accepted as exceptional.
With its unique ‘Algorithm of Excellence’ is applied to measure the performance of individual wines, across multiple vintages, and compares and condenses the results from more than 100 multinational competitions, reviews and listings, acknowledging the nature of the competition and any additional accolades bestowed on a wine, and expresses this as a single value out of 100.
SAWi sets two aspirational benchmarks against which to measure wine quality: Grand Gold status, which is awarded to wines that score more than 93 Index points, and Platinum status, for wines which score above 95. Together, these sets comprise the ‘South African Grand Wines Collection’ of which the following Saronsberg wines form part:
· Saronsberg Full Circle Shiraz Mourvedre Viognier – Platinum, 100 points
· Saronsberg Shiraz – Platinum, 100 points
· Saronsberg Provenance Range Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot Malbec Petit Verdot – Platinum, 98.6 points
· Saronsberg Cellar Provenance Range Shiraz – Platinum, 96.4 points
· Saronsberg Viognier – Grand Gold, 94 points
· Saronsberg Brut Sparkling Wine Mèthode Cap Classique – Grand Gold, 93.2 points
For more details about the 2016 SAWi Awards visit www.sawineindex.com/page/awards/