Pear and Frangipane Tart paired with Saronsberg Provenance Earth in Motion 2014
Pear and Frangipane tart is the perfect afternoon treat paired with the Saronsberg Provenance Earth in Motion 2014. This pear and almond tart is made with a crisp sweet pastry, juicy poached pears and an almond cream. Serve this tart slightly warmed up or room temperature, with a dollop of fresh whipped cream or Mascarpone…
- 1 vanilla pod – split and seeded
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 250g caster sugar
- 4-6 ripe pears – peeled, halved and cored
- 130g plain flour
- 80g butter – room temperature & cut into cubes
- 30g white sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 125g butter – softened
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g almond flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp Almond extract
1. For the pears: Pour 300ml of water into a large pan and add the vanilla pod, cinnamon stick and sugar. Bring to the boil, then add the pears and simmer them for 20 minutes. Leave to cool. You can do all this the day before making the tart if you like.
2. For the pastry: Sift the flour and a pinch of salt, place them on the work surface and make a well in the centre. Add the butter and sugar and gently work together with your fingertips. Add the egg yolk and gradually draw in the flour, adding a few drops of water as you go. When all the flour has been incorporated, shape the dough into a ball, but do not overwork it. Wrap the pastry in cling film and refrigerate for at least 2 hours online casino before using.
3. For the almond cream: Whisk the butter and sugar until pale, then add the ground almonds. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, and finally the rum.
4. Preheat the oven to 180″C fan. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface to a thickness of about 3mm and use it to line a greased 28cm flan tin. Prick the pastry base with a fork, line it with grease-proof paper and fill with baking beans, then bake blind for 20 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and put the pastry back into the oven for another 5 minutes or until the base has cooked but not taken on too much colour. Leave the oven on.
5. Spoon the almond cream into the tart base, then arrange the drained pears on top. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
6. Sprinkle the tart with toasted sliced almonds and serve.
Recipe adapted from: Good Food