Filipino Grilled Chicken
Filipino food is having a moment, thanks to flavors like adobo, a salty-tangy soy-vinegar blend that”s excellent with chicken. Serve this dish with the Saronsberg Grenache.
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup coconut vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Asian fish sauce
- 10 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 5 whole star anise pods
- 5 bay leaves
- Two 1.5 kg chickens, cut into 8 pieces each
- Canola oil, for brushing
- Freshly ground black pepper
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- In a large, sturdy resealable plastic bag, combine all of the ingredients except the online casino oil, salt and pepper. Shake to evenly distribute the chicken and adobo marinade; seal the bag, pressing out the air. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade. Pat the chicken dry and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, light a grill. Brush the chicken with oil and season with salt and black pepper. Grill over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest parts registers 75°, about 30 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a platter and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted: Food and Wine